Scientist / Mechanical Engineer (f/m): Mechatronics and Actuators
As scientist you are developing innovative mechatronic actuation systems with focus on (flexible) multi-body dynamics and system simulation.
You will work on the fascinating boundary of research, development, and application within a team of highly motivated scientists. Your work covers everything from idea creation to problem definition over concept development to implementation. During pilot testing of new products and solutions you will be in touch with customers and their plants. Your technical and crosscultural communicational skills will be required to establish the link between internal research, external research, and ABB's international business units. You will develop solutions for automation or power devices with an optimal performance to cost ratio, based on a mechatronic systems engineering approach.
Who are we looking for?
You have experience in the following areas:
- Modelling and simulation of mechanism kinematics and dynamics. Knowledge in mechanism synthesis.
- Application of state-of-the-art tools for multibody dynamics (ADAMS, ADAMS FLEX) and system modelling (Dymola, Matlab) as well as their integration for the multi-domain simulation and optimization of mechatronic systems.
Skills in the following areas are advantageous:
- Structural mechanics, application of tools for mechanical FEM (Ansys, Abaqus, Patran/Nastran or COMSOL).
- Design, manufacturing and testing of electromagnetic and smart actuation systems.
- Knowledge of actuation related power electronics in terms of modelling and design.
- Material science, application and simulation of thermoplastics, polymers and/or composites.
- Experience in project management with international teams.
You have built up competence and experience in research projects during your university studies or in subsequent activities (PhD or comparable practical work experience). You are able to transfer your ideas from theory to business practice. You have excellent written and oral communication skills. Networking skills are highly required. You offer flexibility and readiness to approach new technologies and application fields.
What we offer
We offer a challenging and exciting job in an international, multidisciplinary research environment. As a member of a company with global operations, your personal development will benefit from opportunities offered by a large company including training of personal skills, early project or technology responsibilities, worldwide professional contacts, and international assignments with limited duration inside the ABB Group.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application via our online careers tool.
Would you like to have further information?
R&D Contact: Gregor Stengel, Phone: +49 (0) 6203 71-6367
HR Professional: Julia Fink, Phone: +49 (0) 621 381-3500